COLUMBIA, Mo. — Josh Hawley has officially won the Republican nomination for U.S. Senate, which means the Missouri GOP is stuck with yet another typical, promise-breaking politician.
Let’s get to know Hawley:
- Hawley has repeatedly failed to stand up for Missourians when it matters most. Hawley is currently suing to end protections for nearly 2.5 million Missourians with pre-existing conditions, putting their health care at risk.
- Hawley also continues to back the Administration’s trade war despite its harm to Missouri small businesses and agriculture.
- Hawley stood with his billionaire donors as they spent hundreds of thousands of dollars trying to weaken workers’ rights to collectively bargain in Missouri. The backward Right to Work ballot initiative was overwhelmingly defeated last night.
- Hawley is a Citizen’s United-endorsed candidate and supports unlimited dark money in politics. His campaign has come under fire for its questionable relationship with campaign finance law, including allegations that he violated campaign finance rules by using state funds to prepare for his Senate race.
- Hawley has shown a disdain for the progress women have made towards achieving equal rights in American society, claiming that the sexual revolution of the 1960’s and 1970’s gave rise to sex trafficking.
- From day one, Hawley has made time for the out-of-state billionaires and D.C. special interests funding his Senate campaign while skipping out on events with Missourians. Hawley spent the first seven months of his candidacy hiding from Missourians, refusing to hold public campaign events or answer questions.
“Missouri Republicans are now official stuck with Josh Hawley — another typical politician who breaks his promises to Missourians. Hawley will always care more about the donors propping up his dark money campaign than he does about Missouri.”
Missouri Democratic Party Deputy Communications Director Brooke Goren